GROW Local has a vision…
- to create a community where locally produced, healthy, affordable food is accessible to all
- to create a community where a majority of its citizens grow and produce some of their own foods using organic and sustainable methods
- to create a community that supports local production as the only long term sustainable model for local economy
- to create a community where healthy lifestyle is a priority
- GROW the network by linking all local food stakeholders: producers, buyers, educators and community supporters. GROW producers by creating educational opportunities. GROW produce.
- GROW the points where consumers can access fresh and local produce, by GROWing, managing and supporting farmers’ markets, by GROWing the number of local restaurants using local ingredients, by GROWing the number of neighborhood gardens through our support and network.
- GROW the number of producers in our community by providing educational opportunities. Educate the community on the need for locally grown, organic and sustainable foods and GROWing methods.
- for local producers
- for policies that promote local food production
- for a network that creates easily accessible links between producers and buyers
- for promotion of local food producers and programs that support these same initiatives
Our programming goals:
- A strong network and resource hub for all local food production and initiatives facilitated through a well thought out website.
- Educational classes and workshops
- The Learning Gardens – offering apprenticeships, field trips, classes and volunteer opportunities.
- Promotion and management of Corpus Christi Downtown Farmers Market 5.
- Farm to Table initiatives.
- Grant money brought to the community to support the GROWth of these initiatives.
- A thriving organization of community members who desire to learn, support and GROW the local food movement.